Collection Statement – Odysey Training
As Required under the National Privacy Principles
What is your personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. employment history) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements or provision of contracted services. Personal information includes sensitive information which in most cases, can only be disclosed with your consent.
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by SGS Australia Pty Ltd trading as Odyssey Training for its own use.
How do you contact us?
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information you should address in writing to:
SGS Australia T/A Odyssey Training
Level 1, 60 Edward Street,
How your information will be collected?
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit one of our registration forms or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration. Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you submit an application to provide or receive contracted services or any other information in connection with your application to provide or receive contracted services to or from us.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- we receive any reference about you
- you enrol in training courses
- we receive results of inquiries that we might make of your
- former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- we receive the results of any competency or medical test
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative)
- we receive any complaint from or about you
- we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation,litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved
- you provide us with any additional information about you
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work placement
- your actual or possible provision of contracted services to us
- your actual or possible receipt of contracted services from us
- your performance appraisals
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- our identification of your training needs
- any workplace rehabilitation
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- potential and actual employers and clients of Win Services Pty Ltd
- our insurers
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- a Workers Compensation body
- our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
If you do not give us the information we seek:
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work
- we may be limited in our ability to utilise your contracted services
- we may be limited in our ability to provide contracted services to you
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our Privacy Co-ordinator whose details are shown above. In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.