Many people confuse assertiveness with aggression. However, truly assertive people have self-awareness, confidence, and precise communication abilities that enable them to put forward their point of view without aggression. This Live Online Course will provide you with strategies and tools to express your thoughts and opinions while being receptive to the needs, wants and feelings of other people.
- Break down the components of assertiveness in order to implement them.
- Assess your strengths and opportunities for improvement in relation to assertiveness.
- Identify negative self-talk and formulate positive self-talk.
- Understand the relationship between assertiveness and emotional intelligence.
- Apply techniques for listening and speaking assertively.
- Prevent conflicts escalating by changing your approach and improving your responses.
Anyone interested in building effective and assertive communication skills.
Looking for In-House Training?
Understand the distinguishing characteristics of assertiveness.
Identify the different ways you think and feel about yourself.
Four steps for implementing assertiveness.
Knowing what makes you act and react will help you improve your relationships with others.
Identify the differences based on voice, speech and body language
Using “I” statements to communicate your thoughts and feelings
Stop being drawn into situations you don’t want to be in by learning to say no.
Make the self-esteem cycle work for you by changing how you view challenging situations.
Is learning to ignore your own needs to concentrate on what the other person is saying.
How to identify and avoid the top three barriers to communication.
Identify the people and situations that lead you to behave without appropriate assertiveness.
Tools to deal with and resolve conflict before it escalates.