Microsoft Power BI Advanced
The Power BI Advanced course focuses on building your knowledge and understanding of the DAX language including time intelligence, as well as introducing the Power Query M language. Extend your knowledge of available visuals, and learn how to make them more compelling and meaningful by using features such as hierarchies, drill-through and tooltip pages.
- Manage your data model by grouping and appending queries
- Learn how to leverage Power Query M scripts to automate tasks
- Understand the concept of data gateways to configure scheduled refresh of reports
- Use time intelligence to compare data across months, quarters and years
- Learn advanced DAX functions to build more complex columns and measures
- Use row-level security to limit the visibility of data in published reports
- Use advanced report features such as hierarchies, drill-through and tooltip pages
Participants should have high confidence in the topics covered in the Power BI Intermediate course, as this course builds on those foundation topics.
Please ensure you have downloaded the latest version of the software Power BI Desktop for use within the session.We also require a working computer with a microphone and speaker installed, and an up-to-date web browser for this training. For the best experience we recommend downloading the latest Google Chrome browser.
It is also recommended that you have a second screen attached to your computer. This will allow you to watch the online training session and complete the course activities at the same time.
Looking for In-House training?
- Grouping tables
- Append tables to a quer
- When to use M and when to use DAX
- Create a date table in Power Query Editor
- Data refresh
- Installing a gateway
- Adding data sources
- Scheduled refresh using gateway
- SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR function
- DATEADD function
- PARALLELPERIOD function
- TOTALYTD and TOTALMTD functions
- FILTER function
- ALL function
- ALLSELECTED function
- CROSSFILTER function
- DIVIDE function
- Variables in DAX
- Ranking with RANKX
- What-if parameters
- LOOKUPVALUE function
- USERNAME function
- LOOKUPVALUE function
- Creating a hierarchy for a non-date field
- Report tooltips
- Grouping and binning
- Installing custom visuals