Microsoft SharePoint for Office 365 Introduction
This Live Online Course has been developed for SharePoint Site Owners using Office 365 who are required to create and maintain content on a team site.
- Create a team site and add and customise pages.
- Create and maintain document libraries including version control.
- Work with a variety of lists and associated views.
- Control access to the site by assigning user permissions.
- Customise the site navigation.
- Build simple automation using Flow.
Participants should be familiar with navigating a SharePoint site including adding and editing documents and list items.
Please ensure you have a working computer with a microphone and speaker installed. No software needs to be installed before training session however, we require an up-to-date web browser. For the best experience we recommend downloading the latest Google Chrome browser.
It is also recommended that you have a second screen attached to your computer. This will allow you to watch the online training session and complete the course activities at the same time.
Looking for In-House training?
- What is SharePoint?
- Group sites vs classic sites
- Navigating SharePoint interface
- Pages, lists and libraries
- Classic vs modern experience
- Using SharePoint’s search
- Setting up a modern team site
- Setting up a group site
- Site contents
- Change site appearance
- Create a news post
- Create and publish pages
- Editing and deleting pages
- Create and work with wiki pages
- Create wiki links
- Create a new library
- Add documents to a library
- Opening documents in Office /Office Online
- Document properties
- Check-in / check out
- Document version control
- Add columns
- Delete a file from a library
- Create new documents from within library
- Uploading templates
- Working with content approval
- Using the recycle bin
- Restore items
- Permanently delete items
- Second stage recycle bin
- Create an issue tracking list
- Working with items
- Create a contacts list
- Create and edit a custom list
- Managing items in a list
- Create a calculated field
- Edit and manage list settings
- Create a view
- Modify existing views
- Personal views
- Adding lists and libraries to pages via web parts
- Subscribe to an alert for a list / library
- Subscribe to an alert for a document / item
- Change alert settings
- Cancel an alert
- Customising the navigation
- Unlink top link bar from parent site
- Add links to the navigation
- Modifying links
- Permission levels
- Manage permissions for a new subsite
- Modifying groups
- Unique permissions for a list /library
- Stop inheriting permissions for an existing site
- Permissions for a group site
- Adding automation with pre-built flows
- Using Flow template