In our SharePoint Site Owner Advanced course, one of the topics we will teach you is how to create a form in InfoPath, and how it can be easily linked to a SharePoint list or library. Follow these steps to make the link to a form library.
- From InfoPath’s File tab, select Publish
- Click SharePoint Server and in Publishing Wizard type in the name of your SharePoint site > Next
- Click Enable this form to be filled out by a browser
- Click Form Library > Next
- Click Create a new form library > Next
- Give it a name and description > Next
- Select the fields from the form to show as columns in the SharePoint library. Click add, and chose the fields to display and how to modify them > Next
- Check the details and click Publish
- Select Open this form library > Close to take you to SharePoint.
When you open the library in SharePoint, you get to see the form when you click to add a new item.