In our SharePoint Site Owner Advanced course, one of the topics we will teach you is how to create a form in InfoPath, and how it can be easily linked to a SharePoint list or library. Follow these steps to make the link to a form library.
- From InfoPath’s File tab, select Publish
- Click SharePoint Server and in Publishing Wizard type in the name of your SharePoint site > Next
- Click Enable this form to be filled out by a browser
- Click Form Library > Next
- Click Create a new form library > Next
- Give it a name and description > Next
- Select the fields from the form to show as columns in the SharePoint library. Click add, and chose the fields to display and how to modify them > Next
- Check the details and click Publish
- Select Open this form library > Close to take you to SharePoint.
When you open the library in SharePoint, you get to see the form when you click to add a new item.
Looking to learn more about SharePoint? See more free Microsoft tips or browse our range Microsoft SharePoint courses. You could also read another one of our helpful tips, this time about how to better search your website using SharePoint.