Microsoft Power BI Advanced
The Power BI Advanced course focuses on building your knowledge and understanding of the DAX language, as well as the Power Query M language. Gain insight into context, and what is the right context to build the visuals in your reports. Extend your knowledge of available visuals, and how to make them more compelling and meaningful. Secure your spot in our course in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne by booking online today.
- Advanced Data Refreshing
- Advanced Report features
- Advanced Power Query M Language
- Time Intelligence Functions
- Advanced DAX
- Advanced Data Source Relationships
- Installing Custom Visuals
Participants should have high confidence in the topics covered in the Power BI Intermediate course, as this course builds on those foundation topics.
Do I need to bring my own laptop?
Participants are not required to bring their own laptops as our dedicated computer training labs are equipped with the programs and files you will need access to on your training day.
Looking for Online training?
Power BI Courses
Our Power BI courses are delivered in our central CBD offices by experienced and engaging trainers. Power BI empowers users to view data clearly and make informed decisions across their business. Our Power BI Courses allow you to learn how to connect your data, transform and cleanse data automatically, build powerful interactive visuals that provide actionable insights and embed these online. Our experienced trainers also provide Power BI training in the workplace in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.
- Understanding what data can be refreshed
- Understanding gateways
- Requirements for setting up a gateway
- Configuring a gateway
- Custom Tooltip pages
- Grouping and binning
- Creating a colour theme/template
- Advanced Query Editor
- Create a date table in Power Query
- When to use M and when to use DAX
- Dynamic date ranges
- DATEADD Function
- SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR Function
- PARALLELPERIOD Function
- Measures table
- Understanding row/filter context
- COMBINED function
- RANKX Function
- FILTER Function
- CROSSFILTER Function
- RELATED Function
- LOOKUP Function
- DAX Text Functions
- Using variables in DAX Functions
- Bridging tables
- Handling bad data relationships
- Aster plot
- Sankey plot
- Radar chart
- Requirements to make custom visuals