Essential Skills for Personal Assistants
Personal assistants are required to have a high level of interpersonal, planning, time management and problem solving skills. This popular course examines best practice behaviours and systems for productively contributing to a professional work team. You will learn practical tools and techniques to empower you to develop your workflow, organisational and interpersonal skills, and to engage with people at all levels of business.
- Develop professionalism and understand why it is important for your business image and reputation
- Manage workplace interactions up, down and across organisations, including working with multiple managers
- Distinguish and understand diverse communication styles to improve your effectiveness
- Apply principles of effective communication though listening and questioning techniques
- Develop an assertive communication style
- Plan and schedule your workflow using time management and decision making skills
- Produce persuasive written communication
Personal assistants or senior administrators looking to expand both their role and opportunities.
Looking for Online training?
Enquire for online training today!
Evaluate your current skills and identify areas of development
Decide what you want to do and how you will get there by setting SMART goals
Learn to vary your style based on the person and situation
Identify the scaffolding blocks of communication, such as active listening and questioning skills
Get off to a good start by understanding how tone, body language and words impact your message, whether it’s delivered face to face or over the phone
Develop a style of communicating that enhances mutual respect and allows clear, open communication to take place
Be straight forward and honest in a respectful and professional way
Five ways to improve your working relationship with your manager
Use effective scheduling techniques to determine priorities and manage workflow
How to respond effectively to feedback so the needs of both parties are being met
Self-evaluate your time management habits and develop a range of techniques to work more productively
Identify and stop time wasters
Write clear and concise emails that people will want to read