The art of successful negotiation is the careful exploration of opposing positions with the goal of achieving a positive outcome. Through a series of case studies, role-plays and self-reflection, this course will provide you with a greater understanding of what it takes to engage in principled negotiations and get the outcome both you and the other parties desire.
- Be able to define what a negotiation is
- Learn what skills will help make you an effective negotiator
- Be able to know what makes a good agreement for you, your organisation and the other party
- Understand and know how to use Principled negotiation skills
- Know and understand what you want from each negotiation and what will cause you to walk away from it
All team members looking to improve their personal negotiation competency and raise their confidence in dealing with a range of workplace negotiation situations.
Many people assume influencing or persuading people to purchase something is always a negotiation, but there must be certain conditions and elements involved for a negotiation to occur.
Learn the tips that all effective negotiators implement to be successful
Learn the three major skills required to be effective in a negotiation
Positional bargaining involves making demands, but collaboration based on the interests of both parties is what makes a good agreement
Understand the four basic elements of Principled negotiation and how to make them work in your negotiation
Do you have your ZOPA, BATNA and WAP already defined?