Many people confuse assertiveness with aggression. However, truly assertive people have self-awareness, confidence, and precise communication abilities that enable them to put forward their point of view without aggression. This course will provide you with strategies and tools to express your thoughts and opinions while being receptive to the needs, wants, and feelings of other people.
- Break down the components of assertiveness in order to implement them
- Assess your strengths and opportunities for improvement in relation to assertiveness
- Identify negative self-talk and formulate positive self-talk
- Understand the relationship between assertiveness and emotional intelligence
- Apply techniques for listening and speaking assertively
- Prevent conflicts escalating by changing your approach and improving your responses
Anyone interested in building effective and assertive communication skills.
Online Training Prerequisites:
Participants are required to have a working computer with a microphone and speaker installed. No software needs to be installed before the training session however, we require an up-to-date web browser. For the best experience, we recommend downloading the latest Google Chrome browser.
Understand the distinguishing characteristics of assertiveness
Identify the different ways you think and feel about yourself
Four steps for implementing assertiveness
Knowing what makes you act and react will help you improve your relationships with others
Identify the differences based on voice, speech and body language
Stop being drawn into situations you don’t want to be in by learning to say no
Make the self-esteem cycle work for you by changing how you view challenging situations
Is learning to ignore your own needs to concentrate on what the other person is saying
How to identify and avoid the top three barriers to communication
Identify the people and situations that lead you to behave without appropriate assertiveness
Tools to deal with and resolve conflict before it escalates