A PivotChart is an interactive chart that provides a graphical analysis of data. Your data comes from existing tables, databases or PivotTable reports. A slicer is a visual filter that allows further insight into a particular field. You can learn more about PivotCharts in our Excel Advanced and Excel Advanced Pivot Tables courses.
To generate a PivotChart with a slicer:
- Click the Insert ribbon > PivotChart > PivotChart
- Click Ok in the Create PivotChart window to generate a PivotTable and PivotChart
- In the Field List – PivotChart Fields select the fields you’re interested in (e.g. Bank and Amount)
- To add in a Slicer, click on the Analyse ribbon > Insert Slicer > select the field you’re interested in (e.g. Bank) > Ok
- Inside the generated Slicer, select the field you’re interested in (e.g. National). The PivotTable and PivotChart will now show that information.
- To add in multiple fields, hold Ctrl and click