Information required for a presentation may already exist in a Word document. You’re able to import this information into a PowerPoint presentation without having to retype or cut and paste.
Before you start the presentation remember:
- the Word document must be formatted with Heading Styles for this to work
- you must close your Word document before importing into PowerPoint.
To create slides from a Word document:
- Open a blank PowerPoint document
- Go to the Home tab
- Click New Slide > Slides from Outline > navigate to where the Word document is saved > Insert
- PowerPoint has now generated the slides from your Word document
- Go to the Design tab and select a Theme to help you enhance your presentation.