It can get confusing to select and manage objects when a PowerPoint slide has too many items, like this one:
To use the Selection Pane to help identify, rename and select objects on a slide:
- Go to Home tab > Select > Selection Pane (it’s called the Selection and Visibility pane in PowerPoint 2010).
- Click any item in the list to select it on the slide.
- Double-click the item in the list and give it a meaningful name.
- Click the ‘eye’ symbol at the right to hide or redisplay an object on the slide.
- Use the up and down arrows to reorder the objects – move to front / send to back.