Microsoft Power BI Online
The Power BI service is available to all users with a Power BI Pro account. Microsoft Power BI Live Online session will show you how to use the cloud service to data set into visual reports and dashboards.
- Add a variety of graphic visualisations to a report
- Customise interactions between the visuals
- Add interactive and non-interactive filtering to a report
- Pin visuals to create high level visual dashboards
- Share reports and dashboards with other users
Participants will need to be familiar with Excel to an intermediate level including a basic understanding of charts and pivot tables. No previous experience with Power BI is required, however, it is recommended you try it out before you attend.
A working computer with a microphone and speaker installed. No software needs to be installed before training session however, we require an up-to-date web browser. For the best experience we recommend downloading the latest Google Chrome browser. The Power BI course covers the online component only (not Power BI Desktop).
It is also recommended that you have a second screen attached to your computer. This will allow you to watch the online training session and complete the course activities at the same time.
- What Power BI tool do I need?
- Power BI building blocks
- Introduction to the Power BI Online Service
- Get Excel data for a report
- Creating a report
- Viewing a report
- Report interactivity
- Printing a report
- Planning a Report
- Visualizations – overview
- Create a table visualization
- Create a bar, pie, line and combination charts
- Create a treemap
- Matrix visualization
- Card visualisation
- Slicers and Filters
- Visual interactions -highlighting and filtering
- Add text boxes
- Pin visualisations to a dashboard
- Working with tiles
- Sharing dashboards and reports
- Printing dashboards