Writing Effective Emails
Email communication is at the forefront of effective business relationships. Anything you write in an email can be retained for future reference, forwarded to others, or used as a record of communication. This live online course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to use email appropriately as a communication tool at work.
- Improve your ability to communicate via email and ensure your message is understood
- Write with your audience’s expectations in mind
- Use words and phrases that will improve the comprehension of your message and ensure professionalism
- Apply techniques to turn negative language into positive language and remove emotion from your writing
- Adopt techniques to proof your document for spelling, punctuation and appropriate tone
Anyone who wants to improve their professionalism and effectiveness when writing business emails.
A working computer with a microphone and speaker installed. No software needs to be installed before training session however, we require an up-to-date web browser. For the best experience we recommend downloading the latest Google Chrome browser.
Looking for In-House Training?
Determine when and why to choose email as your method of communication to consider when making and receiving phone calls.
Techniques to ensure email use does not drain your time and energy.
How to structure your emails and deliver your message.
Consider your audience and the outcome you hope to achieve.
Learn a simple framework to help you structure your content clearly and concisely.
The way you write gives the reader an indication of your professionalism and attitude.
Your email needs to engage the reader’s interest quickly. It must be concise, but still contain enough content so that it is not ambiguous or misleading.
Understand how certain factors can cause an unhelpful or offensive tone in written communication.
Review the basics and avoid common errors.
Avoid errors that could cause people to form a bad impression of your organisation.